TO PROVIDE A QUALITY PROGRAM THAT PROVIDES A SAFE AND NURTURING ENVIRONMENT, A DEVELOPMENTALLY APPROPRIATE CURRICULUM THAT STIMULATES SOCIAL, EMOTIONAL, PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE GROWTH.
Our Curriculum Philosophy
Momentum Early Learning’s curriculum is based on several key ideas:
- Children learn through play in both their learning experiences and their environment.
- Daily routines and meaningful experiences enhance children’s learning.
- Children develop every day in five main areas of development: health and physical development, social and emotional development, language development and communication, approaches to learning, and cognition and general knowledge.
- Literacy and language development are encouraged daily in the classroom.
- Opportunities for exploration and discovery encourage children to love learning.
- A strong classroom community—learning environment enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
- The teaching staff use developmentally appropriate practices in the classroom and take advantage of teachable moments.
- The teaching staff makes adjustments in their teaching to meet the strengths, needs and interests of individual children.
- Positive reinforcement and guidance is necessary for building relationships with children.
- Parent partnerships are a key ingredient to child care/school success.